Translate

Monday, January 13, 2014

A New Era?


What do you think will be the name for this period in our history?


I have found myself wondering what we will end up calling this period in U.S. history? I have always been interested in history, especially U.S. History. As a country we have gone through many periods, ages, and eras; the Colonial Era, Age of Exploration and Expansion, Civil War Era, Age of Industrialization, and The Civil Rights Era to name a few.

I know that things have been very tough economically for many, there has been a lot of deregulation by the government, we have experienced a housing crisis, children and young adults have a sense of entitlement (or as I call it, everything is about ME), gay marriage and marijuana are legal in some states, and everyone is engaged with social media. As history has demonstrated time and time again, we will come out of the economic crisis and the things we complain about socially will become the norm.

So, tell me what you think are some names historians will come up with to describe this time in history? Also, let me know anything you think should be included in this era that I’ve missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment